Search past blog posts:

$aving Toward A Better Life has MOVED! Find all this content plus NEW and current content at the NEW site: SavingTowardABetterLife.com!


The Coupon Clippers
RedplumCoupons.com Coupon Network


Sunday, January 10, 2010

UPromise


Have you heard about Upromise? It's been around for a while. I just joined a few months ago.

Upromise is a one-stop college service provider that helps can help you earn, save and pay for higher education. With Upromise, you can automatically save money for college while making everyday purchases at grocery and drug stores, gas stations, restaurants, retail stores and online shopping sites. Upromise’s partners include ExxonMobil Corporation, JCPenney.com, LandsEnd.com, Sears.com, and hundreds of others.

My favorite feature of Upromise are the coupons that you can link directly to your store loyalty cards. CVS and Winn-Dixie are the ones I use. Even though Publix doesn't have a store card, you can get a UPromise card at Publix to scan when you shop to get credit on your Publix purchases. Each month you visit UPromise and link the coupons you want to your store cards. These coupons do not take money off your purchase, instead they put the money in your Upromise account. For example, if I had a coupon on my Upromise account for 50c/Beechnut item and I went to Winn-Dixie and purchased a Beech-Nut item, I would get 50c in my Upromise account. If I purchased 2 items, I would get $1, etc.

I've earned $10 in the last 4 months. Doesn't seem like much, but if I continue at that rate (assuming that I don't increase my usage of Upromise) that would be $30/year. That will be $500+ once my son starts college! You can't tell me that won't come in handy 17 years from now! And the great thing about it is, it's not coming out of my pocket! It's FREE money!

If you have a baby right now and you purchase Beech-Nut products I would definitely join. Beech-Nut is a Upromise partner. You get a percentage of everything you spend on their products back into you account, not to mention what you earn in their coupons too.

You can also link credit/debit cards to your account to earn from purchases made from participating retailers and you can earn by shopping at participating online retailers through the Upromise site. You can also link 'guests' (like grandparents maybe?) to the account so when they spend, you earn!

I would definitely check out Upromise to see all the ways you can save!

No comments:

Post a Comment