For the next picture, I walked into the room on my newly discovered strip of carpet and turned around and took the picture. This is the rest of the room:
This is from just inside the doorway. There's a bed along that wall. Can you see it? I can't.
Okay, so here's where I stand with my five things from last week...
1. Laundry - is still rotating. Have hit a slight backlog but worked really hard on getting it all put away this weekend before starting more loads...
2. Finally took those 3 bags of donations to the thrift store! YAY!
3. I did get the Christmas lines washed and packed up.
4. I did start packing up Christmas stuff. I did NOT get the outside decorations down because we have had RECORD lows here this week. Our average temp this time of the year is normally in the upper 40s. We haven't been above freezing since Monday....so the yard can wait!
5. As you can see above, I started on the office/bedroom clean-out. I've done a little more since I took those pictures so it's coming along...
I also cleaned out and reorganized my bathroom pantry which wasn't on my immediate list, but I had reached a point that I had had enough (do you ever get like that?) And that seems small, but it's actually part of a larger goal I have towards organization and better storage for stockpiles, but more on that later...
Here's my list for this week:
- Laundry...it's going to be on there until I get better at turnaround time from dirty basket to put away...
- Christmas! I know I seem like a huge procrastinator, but the tree will come down this week! I reached the point yesterday where I was tired of it being in my living room. (Outside decorations, on the other hand, will not come down until we get out of this deep freeze we are in!)
- Continue the office/bedroom clean-out.
- Restore order to the living. Divide son's toys into "pack away for next baby", "get rid of", and "put up for later". Divide remaining toys between living room and nursery toy boxes.
- Give the living room a thorough cleaning after getting the tree down and toys put away.
How about you?
Wow, I'm so impressed with all you got done! Don't feel bad about the room...I think we all have one like that! Good job, great job for you!!!
ReplyDeleteI got almost all of my things done. I didn't get my office completely clean, but like you, I made headway. So I'll take it! Honestly, thanks for doing this...I haven't felt this motivated in awhile:-)