We are going to Gatlinburg, TN in February. My husband and I haven't been in five years. We honeymooned there and we are going up for our anniversary this year and we are taking our toddler.
We plan on going to the Dixie Stampede (which I hope is a good idea with a toddler!) and Ripley's Aquarium. Does anyone have any tips on getting discount tickets to those places?
Also, since we've never been with a child before can anyone tell us some of the best kid (specifically toddler) friendly things to do? Of course, the Space Needle is a must, we will probably pass on Ripley's Believe it or Not just because our son is too little for anything in there, and other than those things, I'm sort of drawing a blank on what else is up there. I have a visitors guide but I go cross-eyed trying to read it and decipher all the attractions and compare this to that. I was hoping I could some firsthand information and what's good and what's not!
We are also going go into the Smokies one day. I've heard Cades Cove is nice. Does anyone have any info? What is there? Can we picnic at Cades Cove? When we went there 5 years ago, we went to Newfound Gap and another site with and old, old homestead (I forget the name?) but by the time we finished it was too late to go to Cades Cove because we would have had to go allllll the way back to the entrance to the Smokies and take the other turn. So anyone that has any info on Cades Cove (or any other good site in the mountains) please share!
You can comment on this post or e-mail me directly at gavinsmom1020@ymail.com
Ok we just got back. On Cades Cove, you can't take the 441 road. Which ever that one is. I think you get there from Pigeon Forge on it. Anyway parts of it are closed for construction. You have to go through Gatlinburg. Just take the road that runs through town and follow the signs. It's easy. They do have places you can stop and picnic. The designated spots look like a camp ground but once you are driving through, there is a rest area with potties, etc. You can probably picnic in the fields around there. Its the prettiest place. On discounts, I never found any for the Aquarium but of course I am not as savvy as you, The Coupon Goddess. I found you get the most for your money if you combine the Ripley's attractions. Now, it may not work for you guys though b/c you'll only be doing the aquarium. We did the aquarium, believe it or not and the Guinness World Record thing. I wouldn't even waste my time on anything besides the aquarium anyway. The golf did look fun but it was too cold to do that when we were there. In fact it was too cold to do a lot. But we still had a good time. The best place to eat for breakfast though is Flapjacks. Its a must! I found some coupons in one of the fliers you can pick at random places but I can't remember what it was for. Hope this helps!
ReplyDelete