Search past blog posts:

$aving Toward A Better Life has MOVED! Find all this content plus NEW and current content at the NEW site: SavingTowardABetterLife.com!


The Coupon Clippers
RedplumCoupons.com Coupon Network


Friday, April 8, 2011

Affresh Washer Cleaner Reivew and Giveaway

Here is another giveaway in the Eco-Friendly/Welcome Spring Giveaway Event!

affresh® Washer Cleaner (and Kit)
All washing machines – no matter the make or model – can benefit from regular cleaning every 30 days. With powerful tools like the affresh Washer Cleaner Kit (with three Power Puck™ tablets and six Grit Grabber™ cloths) and the affresh Washer Cleaner pouch (with three affresh tablets), the product can clean hard-to-reach areas – behind the washer drum – and those that are easier to reach such as around the rubber door seal and detergent dispenser. Affresh can penetrate, dissolve and remove odor-causing residue that can accumulate.


I was sent the affresh Washer Cleaner pouch to try out on my washing machine.  We've had our washer and dryer for almost 6 years now and they were "used" when we got them.  You would think that a washing machine would be self-cleaning right?  Well....ewww...there's parts of the washing machine that you never see and who knows what's lurking in there!

Whirlpool W10135699 Affresh High Efficiency Washer Cleaner, 3-TabletsI tried out the affresh tablet in my washing machine.  The first time it didn't completely dissolve because I missed the part of the directions that said use HOT water.  User error!  :)  So I ran another one through (correctly this time!).

I like the fragrance of the tablets.  They smell so fresh and clean!  After I ran the tablet cycle, I used an old towel to wipe out the inside of the washer to get rid of residue left behind.

I washed a load of bath towels after cleaning the washer.  I was pleased with how they came out.  The harm that build-up in your washer can do is not always completely evident until it's gone and you notice your towels are fluffier and your favorite blue blouse is a little brighter.

You can get affresh at Wal-Mart and Target.  They also make a dishwasher cleaner too!

THE GIVEAWAY: affresh has offered TWO of my readers the chance to try affresh washer cleaner for themselves!

Mandatory Entry: "Like" Saving Toward A Better Life on Facebook and leave a comment here with your favorite household cleaning tip! 


Additional Entries:
-Follow Saving Toward A Better Life on Twitter
-Follow via GFC (see sidebar)
-Subscribe to e-mails (see sidebar)
-Vote for me on Picket Fence Blogs.  (All you have to do is click here.)
-Enter Five Little Bunnies Book and CD Giveaway at Just Trying To Save Money  (ends 4/16)
-Enter the Barbar Hair Giveaway at This Mama Loves Her Bargains

-Follow This Mama Loves Her Bargains via GFC
-Enter the $5 Dinner Mom Cookbook at Madame Deals
-Follow Madame Deals on Facebook 
-Follow Budget Savvy Diva on Facebook

Leave one comment per method of entry.  Leave "user names" where applicable (Twitter, Facebook) for verification.  Leave your e-mail address with each comment so I can contact you if you win.

Contest ends 4/29/11 at 10:00pm cst.

57 comments:

  1. I liked you on FB and I have hard water so I use 1 cup of vinegar in my dishwasher and glass comes out sparkling.

    Risingsouth at verizon dot ne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I follow you on twitter.

    Risingsouth11

    Risingsouth at verizon dot net

    ReplyDelete
  3. I follow you on GFC.

    Risingsouth

    Risingsouth at verizon dot net

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a subscriber by e-mail.

    Risingsouth at verizon dot net

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Like" Saving Toward A Better Life on Facebook. I clean my bathroom and kitchen drains monthly with baking soda and vinegar, followed by hot water. Keeps them clear and smelling good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Follow Saving Toward A Better Life on Twitter

    ReplyDelete
  7. Follow This Mama Loves Her Bargains via GFC

    ReplyDelete
  8. Entered the $5 Dinner Mom Cookbook at Madame Deals.

    ReplyDelete
  9. like you on FB and my tip is to clean each room in your house for at least 10 mins a day - doesn't have to be all at once you can spread it out throughout the day. This really does help keep our home tidy:) sheshult@Hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. follow you on twitter @sarahshult sheshult@Hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. GFC follower gwmhssarah sheshult@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. email subscriber sheshult@Hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. voted at on the fence sheshult@Hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like your page on facebook and my household tip is to use a little bit of pine-sol on the really tough loads of laundry. It also helps to clean out your washer.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Google follower.
    marshamalinda@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Follow Saving Toward A Better Life on Twitter

    ReplyDelete
  17. Voted for you on Picket Fence Blogs.
    marshamalinda@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. email subscriber

    marshamalinda@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Following This Mama Loves Her Bargains via GFC

    marshamalinda@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I Like $aving Toward a Better Life on Facebook -- I cup up old t-shirts into durable, lint-free cleaning rags :) *Thanks* for the giveaway!
    theluckyladybug[at]gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Publicly following $aving Toward a Better Life with Google Friend Connect {Cheryl F.}
    theluckyladybug[at]gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Voted for $aving Toward a Better Life on Picket Fence Blogs
    theluckyladybug[at]gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  23. i LIKE YOU ON FACEBOOK. mY FAVORITE CLEANING TIP IS TO lYSOL WIPIES. IN THE BATHROOMS AND KITCHEN THAT WAY WHEN YOU NEED THEM THEY ARE THERE. Cheryl cjabdelnour@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I follow you on email. Cheryl cjabdelnour@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I Like you on FB.
    tarter95 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  26. GFC follower.
    tarter95 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  27. I follow This Mama Loves Her Bargains.
    tarter95 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  28. I am an email subscriber.
    tarter95 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  29. I "Like" you on FaceBook and my cleaning tip is to use baking soda in your laundry, especially your towels.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I like on fb m7c57. I use pinesol every day to clean the counters in the kitchen and bathrooms. I like the smell since it's so fresh smelling.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I liked you on FB. My tip (learned from Grocery Shrink): mix 2 drops of Joy dish soap with 4 cups water in a spray bottle and you've got a really cheap window cleaner.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I was already a member of your facebook :) I like to use Fabric Softener instead of Febreeze. Just put it in a spray bottle and spray it on your furniture or your car. It makes your furniture smell really nice and makes it soft as well as it makes your home smell nice. Vehicle the same way. I have been doing this for years. Just find a good smelling Fabric Softener like downy or something.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love using baking soda & vinegar to clean our disposal & rid it of nasty odors!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I subscribe via email at annmarieweeks at verizon dot net!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I voted for you on Picket Fence blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  36. I follow This Mama Loves Her Bargains via GFC! (amweeks)

    ReplyDelete
  37. I'm a Madame Deals facebook fan! (Annmarie Dipasqua Weeks)

    ReplyDelete
  38. I liked you on facebook (June Lisle)

    My favorite cleaning tip is to put away clean dishes from the dish washer right away so you can keep putting dirty dishes in as you use them.

    junerlisle @ gmail . com

    ReplyDelete
  39. When I worked at a fast food restaurant, we would use coffee filters and vinegar to clean the windows. It worked amazingly... no streaks and no residue left behind. I use that at home now and it works terrific on mirrors as well. Thanks, Jen
    jnewman14@cinci.rr.com

    ReplyDelete
  40. I use microfiber cloths to clean my windows. They do a good job and doesn't leave fuzz like some paper towels do.
    I like you on Facebook. (Ponia Baum)
    poniabaum at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  41. I'm an email subscriber.
    poniabaum at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  42. I clean grease stains on clothes with Dawn Dish detergent.

    ginjasims@windstream.net

    ReplyDelete
  43. I follow you on Twitter

    Ginjasims@windstream.net

    ReplyDelete
  44. I'm a email subscriber

    Ginjasims@windstream.net

    ReplyDelete
  45. fb teressa mcclurg tip~ clean as you go.

    ReplyDelete
  46. follow gfc teressajoe teressajoe@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  47. Follow Saving Toward A Better Life on Twitter teressajoe teressajoe@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  48. I follow you on Twitter @Battle_Cry87

    junerlisle @ gmail . com

    ReplyDelete
  49. i am a gfc follower :0)

    junerlisle @ gmail . com

    ReplyDelete
  50. I email subscribe :0)

    junerlisle @ gmail . com

    ReplyDelete
  51. I voted :0)

    junerlisle @ gmail . com

    ReplyDelete
  52. I love using vinegar on the outside of windows. Wiping the vinegar off with newspaper works. chautauquasewinglady@gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  53. I like you on FB. My favorite household tip is using a coffee filter to clean mirrors and windows.

    ReplyDelete