"COME ON DOWN!"
Okay, so I did some SERIOUS shopping today. And let me tell you, my precious little boy was such a trooper! We started off with about 30 minutes swinging at the park this morning because the weather was nice. And we took a break for a relaxing lunch at Ruby Tuesday. But other than that, from 9-5 today we went non-stop! 2 CVS's, Wal-Mart, bank, 2 Wal-Green's, gas station, Kohl's, Target, Winn-Dixie and Publix. WHEW!
So, here's the game. Below is a picture of what I got at CVS, Wal-Greens, Target and Winn-Dixie. Study it carefully and decide what you think everything is worth. the scroll down for the answer, not only for what it's retail value is but also what I actually paid for it.
Just to help you out, here are a couple highlights from the picture:
FOUR Jumbo Packs of Huggies, for those of you that don't buy diapers regularly, those retail between $10-$12 depending on where you shop.
TEN various baby/toddler food items from Beech-Nut, Gerber and Earth's Best.
TWO of the new Bounce Dryer Bars. (sidenote: I can't wait to try these!!!)
TWO Venom energy drinks
TWO bags of dog food
TWO packs of cat treats that I realize now that you can't see in the picture
...and the rest you can pretty much tell for yourself.
Okay, do you have your guess of the estimated retail price?
*drum roll please*
Maybe even a dollar or two more than that. I know I would've paid a little more tax at CVS on the pre-coupon price. I didn't check the other stores for that.
Okay, now I want you to come up with an amount that you think I could have actually paid for all of it.
Got it?
Okay then.....
Here is what I actually paid for all the items shown:
That's nearly half price. And it gets even better.
I got $4 in ECBs at CVS
I will be sending off for $6.48 in manufacturer's rebates
And I will be sending off for $4 in reimbursement from Caregiver's Marketplace
(more on the Caregiver's Marketplace in another post)
So if you subtract those amounts that I have gotten or will be getting back, then my total is:
So, how did you fair in the guessing game? =)
I probably am not going to have the time to detail all these purchases. But here are a few of my favorite deals today.
I got the 4 packs of Huggies and Target and 2 different Wal-Greens. I paid less than $6/pack. (which is good because the Wal-Mart equivalent diapers are $6.88/pack) AND I will be getting $0.75 BACK one each pack from Caregiver's Marketplace. So I pretty much paid around $5/pack.
I will also send off for a $1 reimbursement from Caregiver's Marketplace for the Balmex (which was $1.69 after my coupon. With the reimbursement it's only 69 cents!
Two and a quarter pounds of bananas cost me 19 cents.
Earth's Best teething biscuits were 23 cents. (Anytime I can say something cost me cents it makes me happy!)
Free small loaf of Target Artisan bread. (Anytime I can say something was FREE it makes me even happier!)
The 2 bags of dog food were money makers. $4.26 - $3 MFC - $1.50 Target printable = -24 cents. I did this on each of the bags for a 48 cent money maker. (more on Target printables in another post) (Okay, if products that cost me cents make me happy and free products make me even happier, you can only imagine what money makers do!!)
Carefree ultimate protection pantiliners were a money maker too. $1.99 at Wal-Greens minus a $1 MFC = 99 cents OOP AND $2 in Register Rewards printed (which I used later on diapers) for a $1.01 money maker!
2 FREE jars of Earth's Best stage 3 baby food. Thanks to coupons sent to me from Earth's Best after I praised their products.
The Pepperidge Farm crackers cost me $1.71 but I get to submit a rebate for the full price ($3.49) for $1.69 money maker!!
And I will submit a rebate for the Palmolive Free & Clear dish liquid (purchased with a coupon) for a 45 cent money maker.
Awesome job Tabitha!! You are doing so well. I love how you made your numbers flash.
ReplyDeleteif you go to edit your HTML right before what you want to blink you put < blink > (no spaces) and then after it put < / blink >
ReplyDeleteI used to have a website back before they had so many things that made making a website easy. I learned a little html coding. ;)