Winn-Dixie's Coupon Policies
• To get the best deals, sale prices and the ability to receive and use store coupons, you must get a Winn-Dixie Reward Card. They are free and you can apply online and receive it in the mail.
• If you are expecting or have a child under two you can sign up for their Baby Club. You can sign up for that online too but you must have your reward card first. Being a Baby Club member will get you special discounts and more coupons. Read more about those here.
• The registers at Winn-Dixie print catalina coupons. There are two kinds of these coupons. Most are manufacturer coupons. I buy a lot of baby products and cat food at Winn-Dixie so most of my catalinas are from Gerber, Pedilyte and Purina. I have also gotten Kellogg’s catalinas too. These are all manufacturer coupons.
• The registers also print out $/$$ coupons. For example get $10 off a $50 purchase. In fact, these should print once per week per reward card. But they are not valid until the next week. (In this case Wednesday through Tuesday is considered a week because that is the way their ads run). So each week you shop there you will get a $10/$50 coupon good for the next week. You may only use one of these per purchase. The one exception to this is your $10 from getting 200 Baby Club points. That is treated like cash and is $10 off any purchase exceeding $10.
TIP: Give the cashier your $/$$ coupon FIRST before all other coupons. (Give Baby Club Rewards second.) If you other coupons make your total lower than the amount to qualify for the $/$$ coupon then you can’t use it. Smart shoppers would get as close to $50 in products without being under $50 and use their $/$$ coupon first. Then with remaining coupons (and smart shopping!) could easily bring the total to $20 or better!
• Winn-Dixie doubles all manufacturer coupons up to 50c everyday! Except in Florida, parts of Louisiana and some coastal Alabama stores. Matchups on this blog will reflect double coupons.
• Buy one, get one free sale items ring up this way: First item rings up full price, second item rings up free. If you only buy one of the items it will ring up full price, not half price. So make sure you get BOTH items to take advantage of the deal.
• Stores will (should) allow you to use coupons on BOGO items. For example if Kellogg’s cereals are Buy One Get One Free and I have two $1 off coupons for Kellogg’s, I can use them. Or if I have a coupon that says “$1 off this when you buy that” and I have a coupon on that, I can use it. Your store may vary on this. I had to have a discussion with my WD’s store manager after I was treated very rudely by TWO cashiers. The manager whole-heartedly agreed with me and said that it was his policy that the cashiers take any coupon unless there was blatant fraud involved. He assured me that he would talk to his staff, gave me his business card should I have any more trouble so I could call him and I’ve since had no trouble out of the cashier’s there. It never hurts to question the cashier (and the front-end manager and the customer service manager…) The only one who’s opinion matters on the coupons is the STORE MANAGER.
• Overage is generally allowed. Meaning that if I have a coupon for $2 off a product that’s only $1.95, $2 will still be taken off of my total. But remember, stores will not give you money back from overage. Example, if you had two products totaling $3.50 and coupons for $4 off – don’t expect them to open the register and give you 50c back – throw in a candy bar to do what we call “absorb the overage.” Occasionally, a coupon that's worth more than the product will beep and then they'll check and see that the coupon exceeds the price and they will get a manager to override and change the price. You will get the item for free with no overage.
• Winn Dixie does not ad match or take competitor's (other store's) coupons.
Winn-Dixie does not double coupons in the New Orleans metro area. I'm not sure about the rest of LA.
ReplyDeleteWD does not double in Mobile, AL
ReplyDeleteThanks for letting me know!
ReplyDeleteI'm assuming any Publix's in your area don't double as well?
The opinion of the Front End Manager DOES matter :)
ReplyDeleteMelissa, it may if the Front End Manager is the highest ranking person there at the time. But that person still ultimately answers to the store manager. So if you feel like the Front End Manager is in the wrong, you CAN take it to the store manager - HE/SHE has the final say.
ReplyDeleteI'm not trying to be ugly, but this came from a conversation WITH a store manager at WD (and my husband was a grocery store manager for 3 years too) :)))
Just a heads up: my store in Florida takes competitor coupons such as Target, Walmart, and other grocery stores (no drugstores).
ReplyDeleteSo call your store to verify. Like Publix, I think each store decides who to consider competitors and if they take their coupons or not.
The Winn-Dixie I work at excepts competators coupons. However the one I live by does not. Don't try to use coupons that go towards a free item either they will deny your efforts to save more money. Also if you don't have a Winn-Dixie card, don't let them fool you into paying the full price for everything. There should be a manager card asked for.
ReplyDeleteNo double coupons for any grocery stores in Florida that I am aware of!!
ReplyDeleteWinn-Dixie doubles all manufacturer coupons up to 50c everyday! Except in Florida, parts of Louisiana and some coastal Alabama stores. Matchups on this blog will reflect double coupons.
ReplyDeleteWHY ARE PEOPLE IN FLORIDA AND LOUISIANA RICH OR SOMETHING? WHAT THESE COMPANIES REALIZE IS THAT PEOPLE WHOM NORMALLY DON'T SHOP THERE WOULD!i
Harris Teeter up near Fernandina Beach, FL is the only one in North Florida that has double coupons, super double coupons and triple coupons once in a while.
ReplyDeleteif u go and pull up publix's coupon policy they say "that they double coupons up to .50".. and that is supposed to happen automatically at the register... as far as winn dixie most that i have been in unfortunately have had rude managers except one so if theyhave rude managers i can just imagine bout the corp. office
ReplyDeleteIf I have a 1.00 off coupon will WD "double" and give me .50 off or does the coupon have to be for .50 off in order for them to double it.
ReplyDeleteAnonymous said...
ReplyDeleteif u go and pull up publix's coupon policy they say "that they double coupons up to .50".. and that is supposed to happen automatically at the register... as far as winn dixie most that i have been in unfortunately have had rude managers except one so if theyhave rude managers i can just imagine bout the corp. office
The doubled amount is taken off at the register as long as you are at a store that doubles. I'm sorry you have encountered rude managers but rest assured they are not all like that (my husband is a manager at WD!) I have contacted corporate before and was not treated rudely at all.
Jana - They only double coupons that have a face value of 50c or less. $1 coupons only take off $1.
ReplyDeleteAnonymous said...
ReplyDeleteThe Winn-Dixie I work at excepts competators coupons. However the one I live by does not. Don't try to use coupons that go towards a free item either they will deny your efforts to save more money. Also if you don't have a Winn-Dixie card, don't let them fool you into paying the full price for everything. There should be a manager card asked for.
~~~
I have had very little trouble with using a coupon towards a "free" item. It never hurts to try. Even if the cashier questions it, most often the store manager will let it be accepted.
If you don't have a Winn-Dixie card most of the time they will scan a "generic" WD card. But if you are going to shop there regularly, I would encourage you to get one (it's free! You can do it online or instore - if you do it in store you can use it that day) The catalina coupons printed at the register are based off of purchase history and if you purchase baby items, you get points towards a $10 certificate. So, definitely get your own card.
Thank you. I'm new to couponing and have been confused about that. Love your blog and just joined your facebook page!
ReplyDeleteGlad you have you aboard Jana! Please feel free to post questions to the facebook page any time!
ReplyDeleteCan you use more than 1 coupon per item... Ex. If I have 2 .50 coupons for a box of crackers, can I use them both?
ReplyDeleteNo - all coupons are one per item purchased, unless you are stacking a STORE coupon with a manufacturer coupon.
ReplyDeleteTwo of the same kind of coupon cannot be used on a single item.
Question about the BOGO and coupons. Ex, this week (5/4-10), WD has Dole salads BOGO. I have 2 $1/1 coupons. Can I use those coupons on 2 Dole salads, or would my total salads need to be 4 to use both coupons?
ReplyDeleteThanks!
Storkie
Yes! You can use 2 coupons on a BOGO deal! :)
ReplyDeleteMany WD in FL now have the fuel perks program. You get $.05 off per gallon of gas ( up to 20 gal) for every $50. you spend, There are bonus buys where you get $.05 off just for purchasing a certain item. The rewards run month to month, last month I saved my rewards up and got $.35 off/gallon. You have to sign up for the program and the rewards are tracked on your WD card.
ReplyDeleteWhy is it that certain states are able to use double and triple coupons and others cant ?
ReplyDeleteWho should we speak to to dispute that situation ?
I don't know why by Florida, Louisiana and portions of coastal AL don't double coupons. And it's not just Winn Dixie. It's Publix and other stores too.
ReplyDeleteI doubt you can dispute it since it's a corporate thing. It may even be a law? There's laws against beer rebates in some states and laws against limiting quantities in others (Wags in-ad coupons always say "limit 3 except in..." I forget the states but some don't allow them to limit quantities.
You can still USE a coupon. It's just that it will only be redeemed at the face value.
Has anyone found any stores on the coast of Mississippi that doubles coupons? Winn Dixie does not from the reply I received. I agree- it isnt fair that some store do and some don't especially if it is the same chain of stores.
ReplyDeleteFood Giant in Gulfport, MS doubles up to .60 every day and Freds doubles up to .70 on Saturdays.
ReplyDelete@Anonymous I'm in Gulfport also...Fred's will only double the first like coupon. You must do multiple transactions in order for it to be profitable. Food Gaint's prices are higher than other places, so I haven't had much luck there, except on Pizza Rolls about a month ago when they were on sale for a $1 a box and used a $.40/2 coupon that doubled. This week's ad at Food Gaint isn't very impressive, except for the Lay's Kettle Chips 2 for $4, with the $2/2 coupon and the free Sierra Mist coupon with you buy Kettle Chips it's a very good deal. I hope you see my post, I've been looking for a "coupon buddy" locally that I can trade coupons and tips with, maybe we can get together via email.
ReplyDeleteDoes Winn Dixie if Hattiesburg, MS double?
ReplyDeleteDoes it make a difference when the cashier scans your rewards card? Meaning before scanning items versus after scanning items.
ReplyDeletei live in picayune and im new to this. i wanna get serious with coupoing cause my family can not afford to eat on our tiny budget anymore so any advice would help.
ReplyDeleteThank you for the responses about the Gulf Coast. Its nice to know that there are other couponers out there. Does anyone know if there is a coupon swap box anywhere? Overseas military families used to have them set up in the commissary. No longer have the benefit of going to a commissary.
ReplyDeleteI am a couponer in Biloxi and was wondering if Winn-Dixie will accept the military coupons in the commissary...or if any store will for that matter. I have not had great luck with Walmart down here. My fav stores are Walgreens and Winn-Dixie. I'm taking a trip to Fred's on Sat for the double day.
ReplyDeleteIt does not matter when your Reward Card is scanned. It must be scanned before you can use a $5/$55 coupon so you can't have under $55 after sale prices are applied so waiting to scan your reward card doesn't matter.
ReplyDeleteThen only thing it does is cause all the deductions to show up at the end of your receipt instead of under each item as it is rung up.
Winn-Dixie does not accept competitor's coupons. I think that would probably apply to commissary coupons too but idk. You should ask your local store.
ReplyDeleteDoes Winn-Dixie accept coupons that I print out at home my computer?
ReplyDeleteKelley - yes
ReplyDeleteMelissa said Winn dixie doesn't double in mississippi
ReplyDeleteFood World in the FL Panhandle doubles coupons up to 50 cents.
ReplyDeleteNo they dont double the coupons in Hattiesburg...I have asked several times...hate that cause I love shopping there...
ReplyDeleteThey don't coupons because they don't have too no other sores in the New Orleans market do. So, therefore there is no competition. I do go to Fred's on Saturday andFood Giant when I am in Gulfport. In laplace, La there is a store on Airline that doubles coupons. It is caled Matherne's.
ReplyDeleteThanks for this blog.. im new in couponing, if anybody can give me more ideas of where to find more coupons, i already went thru coupons.com.
ReplyDeleteThanks :)
When a coupon says you can use up to four like coupons for a particular item does Win-dixie accept those four like coupons if they are not the exact same coupons?
ReplyDelete